Donors

The Sacred Heart Convent to which the Sisters moved at the end of 1876 was erected on a 40 acre farm that had been bought for £3000/- and donated for the purpose by John Donnelly, a local station owner.

The convent itself was built from a donation of £1500/-, given by John Cox, also a local station owner.

Their wives, Anne Cox and Katherine Donnelly, led the women of Wagga in supporting the Sisters with further donations for the fitting out of the convent and schoolrooms.

They are all commemorated on plaques mounted in the front porch