About the Mount Erin Heritage Centre

Located in the original 1876 Convent, the Mount Erin Heritage Centre tells the story of the Presentation Congregation, founded in Ireland in the 18th century to teach and minister to the poor of Cork. From here, five Presentation Sisters came to teach the children of Wagga in 1874. Their numbers grew, and they spread out to other towns opening schools as they went – to places like Urana, Young and Hay, to Southern Cross in Western Australia, to Longreach in Queensland, as well as Melbourne and Sydney.

The Mount Erin Heritage Centre holds a significant collection of memorabilia, that includes original uniforms, sporting trophies, an historical lace collection, and thousands of photographs that document the buildings and students from the earliest days of the site.